Frequently Asked Questions
Product FAQ Answers
1. How do I personalise my beanbag?
You must choose 1 product at a time to add to the cart for items that are to be personalised. IE. choosing quantity of 2 or more of any product will cause the personalisation option in My Cart page to be removed for that product.
2. Do Alta Beanbags have a removable liner?
Removable liners are not available with our bags as the polyurethane fabric is water proof. We recommend spot cleaning with mild detergent and a brush if necessary, the bags then can be rinsed with water. This eliminates the need for removing the beans and machine washing.
4. How durable is a beanbag?
Our beanbags do not break easily. We carefully select durable materials and use industrial sewing machines to assemble them. The thread we use is extremely strong. However, under extreme circumstances i.e. kids jumping on it with shoes, the bags durability could be seriously reduced. We would expect our bag last at least 5 years under normal use.
5. How many beans in a bag?
There are on average 7000 beans per litres of fill. Our jumbo bean bag requires 300 litres, this equates to 2.1 million beans.
6. Are Alta Beanbags suitable for outdoor use?
Absolutely, they are water resistant, the fabric will not absorb water thanks to the PVC coating, however they only have a mid range colour fastness resistance so we don't prolonged exposition to the sun as your beanbag will fade over time. This is less of a problem on a light coloured beanbags (ie lime, aqua, fuschia) versus the darker ones such as black, navy or chocolate.
7. How do I fill my beanbag?
"I found a way to fill no fuss ... after buying five bags from Alta I had the usual tragic experience with escapee beans then I cut a 300mm piece of 75mm plastic plumbing pipe inserted it into a similar size cut in the plastic beanbag taped the bag to the pipe and upended the bag into the alta bag with the pipe in the zipper hole: not a single bean hit the deck: choice bru." - Dale from OZ
Purchase FAQ Answers
1. Are my credit card details safe?
Absolutely. When you proceed with payment, your credit card details will be encrypted and routed to a secure server. We use the Paypal - a world renowned system.
2. Can I pay via direct debit??Yes you can. To make a payment please use one of following bank accounts:
Australia - CWB - BSB: 06 2287, Account: 10098058
NZ - National Bank - Account: 06 0257 0131268 00
3. What is my guarantee?Alta provides a 6 month guarantee on material, seams and Velcro/zipper closure. Alta does not warrant against normal wear and tear or damage due to misuse. Warranty claims must be forwared to us in writing and with photos where this is possible. Our responsibility is limited to reasonable repair of the product or replacement if the product cannot be reasonably repaired.
4. Can I return my purchase?
If you are not satisfied with your purchase from us, you may return it for a refund under the following conditions: Alta must be contacted within 7 days after you have received your purchase explaining the reason for the return. The goods must be returned to us in 'as new' condition in it's original packaging. Please include a copy of your order number and invoice. Shipping charges are non refundable. Return shipping charges will be at your expense.
5. Can I order a large quantity for a promotion or for my company?
Absolutely. Our beanbags make an ideal promotional tool and can be easily branded. Should you require a large quantity please do not hesitate to contact us for a quote. We can provide branding thanks to our in house screen printing facility, we can also supply embroidery/monogramming.
We have supplied numerous types of business customers over the years ranging from local stores to multinational corporates. Please contact us to discuss your options.